88 240 Auxillary gauges? anyone installed an AUX temp or OIL PRESS gauge?

Hi there,

So, I have been thinking, is there a way to set up an "auxillary" temp gauge that does not go through that "finicky" computer/voltage compensator board?

Is there another port on the block or in the radiator for a temperature sender? Oil temp sender?

I know VDO makes generic gauges, but I would like to have the "peace of mind" that I have a backup gauge that physically is reading the temp reading either at the block or at the radiator. I'd really hate to overheat an engine because the gauge is saying everything is hunky dory, when in fact, I am overheating....

Ideally, I'd like to have two aux gauges, one for REAL oil pressure, and one for REAL temp, I think it can be done, just need someone with more volvo knowledge than myself who may have already done this....

thanks

Kevin

Reply to
mgcarma

The OEM oil temp guage uses an oil drain plug with a sender built in. There's a spot on the back of the cylinder head with access to the oil galley so a sender can go there as well.

Reply to
James Sweet

Oops, and oil pressure, that's easy, the sender replaces the basic pressure switch that runs the idiot light, it has both a guage and a light contact on it.

Reply to
James Sweet