88' 249 strange oil leak

Sat morning I smelt oil burning, i looked under car and saw oil dripping. So I looked in normal leakage spots; oil pan, oil filter ect..., yet no leaks there. It seems to be coming from the back of the engine, down low where the exhaust pipes come out, any ideas?

Reply to
bjartar vonir

So I looked in normal leakage spots; oil pan, oil filter ect..., yet no leaks there. It seems to be coming from the back of the engine, down low where the exhaust pipes come out, any ideas?

Check the rubber seal on the back end of the camshaft where the distributor would go if the engine was in a 700 series car. If your flame trap clogs this can pop out and leak like a sieve.

Reply to
James Sweet