'89 240 bogging down

The last couple of years, I've had episodes where the engine just doesn't have any get-up-and-go. Through experimenting, I found that if I pull over, shut it off, pop the hood, and work the Mass Airflow connector on and off a few times, the problem is solved for a while. At first it was for months, then weeks, then days, and lately it's gotten to be worse. Not related to anything else, believe me, I've had it happen cold, warm, wet, dry, 1st start of the day, 5th start, etc. Last week, I pulled the connector off and used a straight pin to GENTLY tease the metal fingers together a little, figuring they might grip tighter. Sure enough, it did feel firmer when I put it back on, and I've been driving for the past week without any incidents so far! I'd even go so far as to say that the car seems a little peppier than usual, although that's probably imagination or wishful thinking! Just thought this might help someone else out there!!!

M9876c at yahoo dot com

Reply to
Perry Noid

Perhaps it's a loose connection within the air mass meter itself? First thing I'd do is see if I could find another of the same part number in a junkyard to have as a spare.

Reply to
James Sweet