'89 740GL fuse panel diagram or fuse number

Hi,

is there anybody who can help me out with a fuse panel diagram? I'm especially interested in fuse numbers related to fuel pump and fuel injection as the '89 740GL does not start while ignition is working. Unfortunately my manual has vanished without leaving a trace.

Thank you very much, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Affolter

You probably have a failed fuel brain. All 1989-1991 Bosch LH 2.4 systems, 240 and 700 series (non-turbo, non-bendix ignition sytems) had a high fuel brain failure rate. The ground circuit inside the fuel brain that grounds the fuel pump relay would fail. Only fix is to replace the fuel brain. The origional fuel brain ended in "561", last 3 Bosch numbers on outside of fuel brain. The replacement brain ends in "951", last 3 Bosch numbers. Try this also. There should be 2 black relays attatched to the side of the coolant bottle. Swap these 2 relays and see if the car starts. The relay with the red/green wire feeds 12 V to the injectors. This relay can and does fail. The other relat operates the front electrical cooing fan in front of the AC condenser. These 2 relays are the same p/n.

BD

Reply to
BigDick

You should have a fuse listing on the back of your ashtray. Try fuses 1, 2, 11,

12 and 13. Also try the fuel pump relay, middle row left hand relay on relay tray behind fuse tray.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Thank you Big Dick and thank you Peter for your help!

It turned out to be the fuel brain. At least the car started after me having knocked on it a couple of times. Then changed it. By the way it's pretty difficult to find one's way to the relay tray as there is a harmless-looking screw that turns out to be the ONE... next time i'll be quicker!

Thanks again,I really appreciate it, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Affolter