89-780T-Rebuild rear calipers?

I replaced the rear brakes, last week. Sweet having good brakes!

I am having problems returning the cores to parts.net.

I do have a seal kit. The pistons look OK.

Anyone trust, at home caliper re-newing? Seems like pretty simple job. I remember some of you saying that factory rebuilt's are far better.

Both my 700s have exactly the same braking system. Now, both rebuilt.

Still looking for a 760 sedan.

Regards, Bill @ Home in Wisconsin, USA Maroon 1989 760 Turbo wagon! w/140k miles ;-} Black! 1989 780 Turbo Coupe w/146k miles 8-} Blue Mule 1987 245 non-Turbo w/205k miles :-)SOLD

Reply to
AJ

It is, if you are careful - the seals and their seats must not get damaged. Providing the pistons are in good condition there shouldn't be any problems. OTOH, if it was the master cylinder, I would replace that with new. Master cylinders are generally much cheaper than callipers, and it is the bore that is critical, rather than the piston, which is much harder to examine closely.

A good factory rebuilt unit will probably have new pistons as well as seals as a matter of course.

Reply to
Stewart Hargrav

Thanks, Just what I wanted to know. I will send back the cores and get my $110 back. I did get a RA#, today. I'll save the rebuild kit for the future.

Bill @ Home >AJ wrote:

This;

Reply to
AJ