90 240 Poor running problem

My 90 240 with 190K miles was having trouble starting on damp days. Replaced all the ingnition parts with no help.

After one particularly hard to start morning it now will not idle or run properly. While starting it backfired a time or two ... both ends.

After starting it seems to fast idle ok and then sometimes goes to low idle and them dies. Sometimes it seems to go directly from fast idle to dead in one step. It seems to do a little better if keep it going until warm but still dies when taking your foot off the gas to slow down.

I found a cracked vacuum line on the fuel pressure regulator and the small line that I think goes to the heat control(?). Can't find any other. The check engine light is also on.

Any ideas? ... AMM maybe? IAC maybe?

Can I use the AMM off my 86, 87, or 89 240 on the 90 to test it.

Thanks for your help .... the group never hs let me down.

Also, parting out the 86 and 87 240 if you need anything.

Reply to
Him