'90 240DL - runs for a few seconds, dies

Our 1990 240DL's engine problem has gotten worse. Previously, it was running lean and hesitating. Check engine light came on, the codes that it gave indicated a lean condition. After driving it awhile longer, it is now at the point that when starting it up, it will run for 2-3 seconds and then die. It will start right up again, but only running a few seconds before dying. I have replaced both fuel pumps and fuel filter. I tried unplugging the hose on the fuel pressure regulator. What else should I check?

thanks

Mark

Reply to
Mark Price

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com by Volvo89_240wagon dropped his wrench, scratched his head and mumbled,

Air mass meter, current SAE designation = MAF, mass airflow sensor.

Reply to
volvowrench