90 Volvo 740 GLE brakes squeal

Usually caused by lack of backing gaskets and little lubrication of guides and guidepins. Usually lubricant like CoppaEase or similar applied to backs of pads and guides/guidepins.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

It's not even a couple of months old after I serviced and replaced front brakes (rotors/pads) and began to squeal. Checked it and didn't notice any unusual problems besides guide pins are a little tight so I loosen 'em a bit. Any idea what these may caused. Thanks for help.

EC

Reply to
EC Jazz

how can your guide pins be too tight ?I used grind a lead in edge on my drum brakes and on some pads years ago but we have three volvos and they never squeal .You can try putting a chamfer on them or a thin sliver of copper between the pad and the piston cut to the shape the pad so it absorbs the harmonic vibrations or squeal maybe they need a good deglaze with a little carborundum fine grit .

Reply to
Jon Robertson