'91 245 - removing radio?

I'm trying to upgrade the stereo in a friend's '91 245. The stock (broken) unit is in the standard upper dash location, I removed the two screws but it's still held pretty firmly from behind somewhere, any idea how to get it out? Also I tried removing the glove box, took out all the screws around the perimeter but it's still stuck solidly by something, right along the base it feels like. Is there something I missed that they added on these newer

240's? It has an airbag so I'm hesitent to try and force anything, that and generally if something needs to be forced it's not being done right.
Reply to
James Sweet

I've never worked on an airbag 240 dash, but all the late ones I've worked on have had the same glove box mounting as the ones from the early 80s. The later ones have an interlocking 2 piece spring clip type support at the rear that snaps together in 2 milliseconds (great for the guy on the production line) but is a real pain to release (bad for us). The only one I've ever taken out I disconnected (unbolted) the clip from the back of the radio (with much cursing) to release it. Of course the glove box needs to be out, and I had even removed the air grilles and duct from below the radio.

Reply to
Mike F