'91 Volvo 240 Radio

Can anyone help me get my hands on a replacement radio for a 1991 Volvo 240. It is a wierd shape, as is the slot in the dash for it, and it seems that nothing but the original radio type will fit. Thanks in anticipation

Reply to
Rich Williams

If your original radio is in the upper dash, then I know that aftermarket stereos will fit. I've helped a friend install one in there. Check crutchfield.com, and use their "what fits my car" option.

AC

Reply to
Aawara Chowdhury

I have an original Volvo radio/cassette player that was in my '92 240. Would that be the same size as the '91? It works well and is simply sitting in my storage room. J (remove parenthesis) to respond directly.

Reply to
James B.

This is a easy car for aftermarket, just buy a dash kit at the ol Circuit City, only thing that may make it difficult is if you have a factory amp, located in the bottom of the dash center section, they you have to tap onto the speaker wires from there. I did it myself and it took about an hour. Jerry

Reply to
jerryeveretts

I have a 240 (1990 Volvo) original volvo radio+cassette player. The cassette player is not working- it got shorted when I plugged in a CD player tape connection device. But the radio works great.

My mechanic pulled it out and installed a Panasonic CD/radio player instead for $400. They were expensive back then.

I can send u digital photos if u want. Or I can post it on one of the binary newsgroups.

I can let u have it for $20. But u have to pay for postage+packaging - which might cost a bit- I'm living in Australia.

Reply to
Wylie Wilde