'92 240 sportwagon

Just bought my first car, '92 240. Pretty excited, although the radio/tape deck doesn't work. I bought a cd player and wondering is anyone knows how easy/hard to install. The antenna on the car is busted off aswell, how difficult is it to find a new antenna and install it. Thanks.

monty

Reply to
monty

You can get an installation kit from Crutchfield or other places for less than 20 bucks, it'll let the CD player plug right into the factory harness (though you'll have to remove and bypass the external amp above the passenger footwell) and an adapter plate to mount it in either the upper or lower dash location.

New antenna is easy to find, either online or from the dealer but kinda pricey.

Reply to
James Sweet

OEM manual antenna hard to find for '92/'93 wagons (and they break very easily) but can find Euro style stubby rubber ones or cell phone style ones that thread onto old nub at places like Advance Auto Parts, Napa, etc. Reception not as good, however.

Reply to
Bill Stehlin