92 740 turbo...how to replace O2 sensor?

Have a new NTK sensor. The sensor is just behind the turbo, and it projects downward through a metal shroud. There is only about enough clearance, once shroud is removed, for a 4 in. open-end. IE, there is not enough clearance for an open-end wrench....not with the exhaust in place. Its questionable whether I could find a deep socket deep enough to work....and only would be usable anyway to remove the old one, as there would be wires still attached on the new one. It would be a big job to disconnect the exhaust from the turbo and drop it, as there are sub-frame parts that have to be removed. The lousy Haynes manual gives no details about how to actually remove and install. Is there perhaps some special tool I can get for this? Surely there is a way to replace without dropping the exhaust?

Reply to
geronimo

Get a O2 sensor socket. They usually have them to Loan out or rent at Auto Zone or most chain type Parts Stores. You could also use a six sided tubeing wrench. Make sure you use the correct size wrench or socket, or you will round off the corners of the sensor, Then you will have to remove the Pipe..

Reply to
Volvo Guy

Reply to
John Robertson