'93 240 - fuel gauge working on and off

I can start the car and the fuel gauge is working, then it stops working for the rest of the trip. Or I can start the car, fuel gauge not working, then it comes back for a few minutes, then go back to not working.

All other instruments in panel are working.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Reply to
Someone

Is there any particular amount of fuel that causes this, for example a dead spot in the sender? You might also check the wiring to the bung plug on the tank, there's a connector there.

Reply to
James Sweet

Nop, happens all the time, irrespective of the amount of fuel. This morning I drove to work, wasn't working when I started the car, Worked for less than a minute midway. That's it. Out of 45 minutes driving, it worked for about 30 seconds.

Thanks for any help/suggestion you can provide.

Reply to
Someone