'93' 940 estate:- baby seat (uk)

Advice please.

I have a '93' 940 2.0T estate 113k miles (no air bags fitted). I have just become a proud granddad, before the birth I went with my daughter to 'Mothercare' for the pram/buggy. My daughter chose a modern style buggy with a detachable baby car seat. Being safety minded particular attention was paid to the fitting and safety aspects. Everything seemed okay. I looked forward to the occasions when I would be able to take the baby out in my car. My daughter has a previously styled Ford Fiesta, she has experienced no problems fitting the baby seat to the front passenger seat. Her only problem has been in relation to the rear seat. Namely the seat belt is not long enough to secure the baby seat using the correct seat slots. I thought to myself no problem with Volvo, being safety concious and having a child seat incorporated into the rear seat arm rest. WRONG. It appears the seat belts both front and rear are not long enough to place round the baby seat, even moving the front seat to obtain optimum belt length. I find it hard to believe that the likes of a 'oldish' Ford fiesta can accept a baby seat but not a 'safe Volvo'. Has anyone else experienced this problem, if so, what is the solution.

Many thanks Keith

Reply to
robert