'93 960 sudden no start woes

My '93 960 abruptly ceased starting after I checked the fuel rail pressure (50 psi btw). It had been running a little rich but there has been no noticable impact on the drivability other than the persistent 231 and 512 engine codes. All that was done was connect a pressure gauge to the fuel rail, turn the ignition on and off three or four times to bring it up to full pressure, start the car, let it idle a few seconds to see if the pressure changed, shut it off and disconnect the pressure gauge. The next day it would only try to catch. I have tried it at least a dozen times, sometimes for 15 seconds or longer but it only stutters and stumbles as long as the starter is cranking. Any suggestions where to start looking for problems? Thanks.

Reply to
rgarrett

If your start while testing was from cold and it only ran for 1 minute or less, at idle speed, and now it wont start, its almost guarenteed to be flooded. Very common on the 5 and 6 cylinders when treated like this.

Leave it sit over night, then attack it with a wide open throttle and a long burst of cranking until it is self sustaining then hold it at 3000rpm or so til it runs smoothly, let it warm up properly before shutting off this time.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)