94 850 turbo radiator replacement. questions.

My 94 850 turbo wagon's radiator is leaking where the left side end cap is attached to the core, so I'll need to replace it.

a pretty good replacement procedure, but doesn't get into muchdetail about the oil and transmission cooler hoses. Will it be necessary to replace the O-rings on these hose fittings,assuming there are rings? (I'm unfamiliar with this type of hoseconnector.)

Are most aftermarket radiators of decent quality and do they have all the necessary bolt holes?

Doug Warner

If you want to assure a leak proof connection, make sure you have orings. There's also another piece of hard rubber in there that's not quite a seal, it may be to provide some tension on the retaining clip. And I always replace the retaining clip, as they can get sprung and not hold the joint together properly.

I've never needed to change one of these rads, so I can't comment on aftermarket quality.

Reply to
Mike F