'94 940 Cooling fan not shutting off

I accidentally removed some of the postings in the orginal thread, including the original post, so I thought I should repost to clarify. Sorry for the double post...

The electric fan in my '94 940 is not shutting off as soon as it used to and is draining the battery. I should point out that It does shut off eventually, it just takes a while. The car is equipped with a bosch ignition system. To my knowledge, the ECU uses a temp signal from the ECT to control when the fan turns on/off. I've recently replaced the ECT so I've ruled that out. This leaves the culprit to be a sticking cooling fan relay, found behind the battery. It looks like this:

Is there a way to test this relay to determine if its sticking? I dont really understand how this relay works, and any help would be really really appreciated!!!

Thanks again! Roland

p.s. I've already tried looking for a thermo sensor in the radiator which might control the fan, and I dont believe my system uses one.

Reply to
roland