'94 Turbo Wagon Cracked Block

I had just replaced the engine after my son ran the car without collant! Had the car for two days (after paying $3800 for the rebuild engine) and the collant hose blew! The block cracked. Has anyone had experience using ceramic block sealant to repair the engine? The car is in great shape but I can't afford another $4k to repair this car! Thank you

Reply to
TMK

The hose blew? I would hope after spending $3800 on a motor you'd have all the hoses replaced?

At this point I'd be looking for a good used motor, $3800 is a lot of cash.

Reply to
James Sweet

you shouldn't have to spend more than 1500 for a good block and head, installed. You just remove everything off the block except the head, and use your own manifolds, turbo, sensors etc. 12 to 15 hours should give a good Volvo mechanic enough time to swap blocks. I know this from having mine done.

RS

Reply to
Rusty