940 Power Window and Radio Problems

Two problems on my recently acquired 1993 940T wagon:

(1) My driver's door power window gets stuck at about 2/3 down, in the downward direction only. You can see the door panel bulge outward (i.e., toward the seat) when this happens. I can push down (fairly hard) the rest of the way, and going up again is no problem. The problem is intermittent. I have not studied this long enough to determine if any conditions such as temperature might be a factor.

(2) The on/off/volume knob on the OEM cassette radio is losing contact, so that I will hear 0, 1, or 2 channels (usually 1, and 2 only if I lean on it). I'd really like to keep this radio, but don't know if it is fixable.

Any ideas? (Otherwise, it performed magnificently on a 1000 km trip. And we were no longer embarrassed to park next to the numerous high-end Audis and Bimmers.

TIA H2Only

Reply to
H2Only

1 The door pad is bulging because the window is jammed and the regulator assembly is moving. Take off the door pad and find out what is jamming. Sometimes it is a loose mounting screw that lets a bracket move. 2 A TV repair shop should have contact cleaner that you can spray into the volume control pot. Check eBay these radios sell for a fair price. I've bought two over the years. I tend to wear out tape players.

Had 79 245 D, 81 240 D, 86 240 320,000mi and running when traded Have

94 944 White 134,000 The New one 94 944 Green 257,503 mi CRUNCH Parted out 94 944 Maroon 132,000 mi
Reply to
Vrparts