940 rear brake

While instructing my younger son, who'll soon be licensed, to change the rear pads on the 93 940 wagon this past Sunday, I found the passenger side caliper had a piston stuck. I have him install it anyway so the car can be back on the road. The new pads won't go in by the way because of the stuck piston. I have him put in a used pad I happen to save in a box.

I presume a rebuild kit won't do because the caliper probably needs to be replaced. So getting a rebuild caliper is the way to go.

Now the question.

Is there a way to tell which caliper the car has? The mail order outfit says there are three different types of calipers for my car,

36mm piston, 38mm and 40mm. I really hate to take the wheel off to check again.
Reply to
yaofeng

Visit your dealer with your VIN. He should be able to confirm which callipers are fitted to your car. All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

There is supposed to be a stamped number on the inside of the caliper (visible from under the car without wheel removal), but I've never seen one that was legible. There's no way to tell any way except measuring the piston, but in my experience I've only seen 40 mm ones on wagons.

Reply to
Mike F

That's good enough. Thanks.

Reply to