940 S/W (estate) liftback struts

I bought some struts for the car last year, I got around to installing them today...after all it takes fully 180-240 seconds for both sides :)

Anyway when the back did not stay up I bought both struts, however after I took the old ones out it looks like just one was in trouble - loads of fluid along the side.

Should have checked before I bought huh?

If anyone would like free one (of two) Volvo s/w liftback strut just say the word - it somehow hurts to toss away good parts and gee after almost a year somehow I do not think the store will give me my money back!

--Steve

Reply to
Steve

They all lose nitrogen charge over time. The one that feels strong out of the car won't be of much help in cold weather, so throw it out.

Bob

Reply to
User