940 Turbo Fuel Gauge Trouble

I think I may have isolated the fuel gauge issue to an area under the dash. It seems that a group of wires are on a connector that connects to the dash board panel. I was told by a friend that this may be called a cluster. If I apply pressure to the connector the gauge works, but once I let go it doesn't. I tried removing and crimping the pins so that the connection would be tighter but no long term success. ANY IDEAS and what is this actually called and how difficult is it to fit?

Thanks

Ron

Reply to
Check This Out!

I think I may have isolated the fuel gauge issue to an area under the dash. It seems that a group of wires are on a connector that connects to the dash board panel. I was told by a friend that this may be called a cluster. If I apply pressure to the connector the gauge works, but once I let go it doesn't. I tried removing and crimping the pins so that the connection would be tighter but no long term success. ANY IDEAS and what is this actually called and how difficult is it to fit?

Thanks

Ron

Reply to
Derrick