940SE Slipping Transmission

The transmission in my 91 940SE is slipping somewhat. It seems to be gliding between 2nd and 3rd, but acts normally when I manually shift into second-the problen only arises when in 'D'. Turning the overdrive on/off does not seem to have an effect on the slipping.

This began abruptly last summer, and I flushed the fluid with no effect, but it hasn't worsened.

Any thoughts...

Reply to
gpt

Kick down cable broken, slack or otherwise incorrectly adjusted?

Whichever, this slipping between ratio's certainly wont be doing the bands and clutches much good.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.