95 850 Turbo

I have a 1995 850 Turbo that has just lately started heating up. Last week, a couple of time the tempurature gauge climbed up about 80% of the full range and then went down and today the radiator light went on on the instument panel. The car is full of coolant and seems to be operating normally. (it has been quite hot and the air condioning has been running).

Any suggestions?

Joe

Reply to
Joe Terry

Sounds like classic thermostat symptoms.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1973

Reply to
Chuck Fiedler

After the car cooled down, I removed the overflow cap --- not coolant! I don't know where it went, but I am going to put some in and see what happens. What sort of anti-freeze does it take? It says to only use Volvo, but will standard 50-50 anti-freeze work?

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Terry

Try changing the coolant cap a crack could cause the leak.

Reply to
King