95 850glt wagon -side molding

anyone know how to go about re-attaching this stuff? ive got both passenger doors with loose trim pieces- need some help!!! thanks!

-robbie ps- i see the clips behind the molding that slide into place, but how do they latch onto the molding?

Reply to
Robbie Wilson

Hi Robbie

Follow the rubber door trim down the outer part of the door.(door catch side), you will need to pull the rubber a little back. Located just up from the bottom you should find a black cap, pop that out and you should find a hex head screw, this secures the trim in place. Be careful not to drop the screw down the inner door panel as it can be a problem with access.

You should notice these caps more exposed on the front doors to give you an idea of what the cap looks like.

Regards Pat

Reply to
Pat McPhatt

Pat- are you talking about the window molding at the top ledge of the door? i am talking about the plastic pieces that snap on midway down the door. there doesn't seem to be any obvious screws/joints/etc on these trim pieces. they simply have some plastic clips that hold them on, but i can't figure out how they "un-attach" from the door itself.

Reply to
Robbie Wilson

The mouldings are very tricky. The front one requires a bit of 2 sided tape, and then the first clip goes on, followed to the rear. I think the rear door is similar. I had the dealer put it on, after I spent a lot of time trying to get it right. It was worth $30 to have it on right and looking good.

Reply to
Jeff Lesperance

Hi Robbie

I believe I am talking about the door bump trims half way down the door these are grey. They have a number of guides to locate the trim but have a single screw holding them in place, there is a black cap located down the inside bottom of door for access to this screw. If you are not sure let me know, I will send you some pictures of the location.

Regards Pat

Reply to
Pat McPhatt

Pat- Thanks so much for the hint about the (tiny) screw that holds the trim on. It took a couple of readings but I finally got the gist of it! It wasn't obvious at all! Once I found it on the front door, the rear was easy! I was just VERY careful not to let the screw fall down into the hole. The trim is back on and looking good (although I can see how adding a piece of double sided tape could make the front ends of the trim pieces lay PERFECTLY flat.) I might try some the NEXT time my children decide to rip off my side molding! Thanks again Pat!

-Robbie

Reply to
Robbie Wilson

Hey Robbie