96 850 Blasted Service Light

Okay

I have a 96 850 Wagon and the blasted service light keeps coming on. So far I've sent $700.00 fixing the problems. The latest error is 0455 I think- Minor leak in fuel evaporation unit - somehting like that... Mechanic has tested every component and nothing is wrong but the blasted light keeps coming on.

Anybody had experience with this one?

Regards Russ

Reply to
Russ

If the fuel cap tests good then find a shop with a smole machine so that they can find the leak in the evap system.

Bob

Reply to
User

On my '96 850 sedan this was caused by a degraded rubber fuel line at the top of the fuel tank. Cost for the part, under $5.00. Cost for labor at the dealer .... over $400!

John

Reply to
John Horner