96 850 low speed steering wobble

Hello all

A new development with my 1996 850 wagon. Right now it is a little bit cold in Florida 40-50 degrees in the morning and when I first take off I've noticed a wobble in the steering wheel at speeds under 15 mph. It only lasts a few minutes and after a little while, i guess once the tires warm up, the wobble goes away.

I recently purchased some Cooper tires and they seemed great. I did have one patched when I picked up a nail in the tire. The tire shop told me to do a patch instead of a plug and I'm wondering if that is the culrpit.

I'm wondering, do I have a defective tire or is somethig else going on?

Regards Russ

Reply to
Russ

Swap the tries from front to rear. If the wobble returns its just the tire cords taking a set over night in cooler weather. It used to be a very common problem with nylon reinforced tires. With steel belted tires it's much reduced.

Bob

Reply to
User