96 850 Roof trim

Hello All

My very reliable 96 850 wagon is shedding. On the left and right of the roof there is a long inch wide gray strip of plastic covering a metal rail running from the bottom of the windshield to the tailgate along each side. This plastic trim cover started cracking and falling off over the past few weeks.

My question is mainly to discover if I should invest in replacing this trim or is it unimportant and merely for show?

Regards Russ

Reply to
Russ

There were a number of issues with the 850 that were never addressed by Volvo and these roof strips were in that list. When last I enquired about replacing these strips the cost was just silly. I covered the existing strips with the plastic insulating tape that electricians use and trimmed it to suit....It has now lasted longer that the original Volvo plastic

ttfn......Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross