'96 855 GLT exhaust question

[This followup was posted to alt.autos.volvo and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

Hi-

I'm pretty sure that my muffler is gone -- loud noise in exhaust etc., had friend put it up on a lift etc.

I got a quote of about $400 to replace the exhaust including the muffler back. This seemed high, esp when about 250 of it was parts.

I'm wondering what other folks have paid, what life folks have gotten from their catalytics, and whether I should just replace the whole thing.

TIA

Reply to
Richard E. Courtemanche