960 air bag service

My 960 is 10 years young, with only 100,000 on the clock. I noticed a sticker that says the airbags should be services this year. I usually do my own, but am not daft enough to try this with airbags! Does anyone know what is done at these services (compleate exchange, new lumps of semtex etc. etc?) and how essential is it to get this done? Has anyone any experiance of the UK costs for this?

Thanks!

Reply to
uk960

10 year airbag service consists of replacement. When airbags first came out, they weren't sure how good they'd be after 10 years, so that was the recommended replacement interval. They've since done tests on 10 year old airbags, determined they're still OK, and have extended this service to 15 years.
Reply to
Mike F