960 ball joints and struts

My '94 960 is starting to make noise by the left front wheel whenever I hit any sort of bump. I am guessing the problem is with ball joint but may be related to the strut. Would you routinely replace both parts of both sides if you were taking it apart? (I mean the cartridge, not the whole strut). Is there anything I should know before taking it apart, assumiing I have the tools to take the strut apart? Would you order the top mounting bushing ahead of time, or only if it looks damaged. Is there anything else I should look at or automatically replace? The car has almost 100K miles.

Reply to
RichK

Jon Robertson