'97 850 Headlight Hi-beam Warning Light.

434. The chief arguments of the sceptics--I pass over the lesser ones--are that we have no certainty of the truth of these principles apart from faith and revelation, except in so far as we naturally perceive them in ourselves. Now this natural intuition is not a convincing proof of their truth; since, having no certainty, apart from faith, whether man was created by a good God, or by a wicked demon, or by chance, it is doubtful whether these principles given to us are true, or false, or uncertain, according to our origin. Again, no person is certain, apart from faith, whether he is awake or sleeps, seeing that during sleep we believe that we are awake as firmly as we do when we are awake; we believe that we see space, figure, and motion; we are aware of the passage of time, we measure it; and in fact we act as if we were awake. So that half of our life being passed in sleep, we have on our own admission no idea of truth, whatever we may imagine. As all our intuitions are, then, illusions, who knows whether the other half of our life, in which we think we are awake, is not another sleep a little different from the former, from which we awake when we suppose ourselves asleep?

And who doubts that, if we dreamt in company, and the dreams chanced to agree, which is common enough, and if we were always alone when awake, we should believe that matters were reve

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Hi,

Any thoughts on how to replace the headlight hi-beam warning light on a '97

850? Please..... be polite, no bad language.... I've checked my Haynes Manual re the dash, and I'm not impressed!

Andy I.

Reply to
Andy

that those things on which they depended for peace and safety, were nothing but thin air and empty shadows.

The God that holds you over the pit of hell, much as one holds a spider, or some loathsome insect over the fire, abhors you, and is dreadfully provoked: his wrath towards you burns like fire; he looks upon you as worthy of nothing else, but to be cast into the fire; he is of purer eyes than to bear to have you in his sight; you are ten thousand times more abominable in his eyes, than the most hateful venomous serpent is in ours. You have offended him infinitely more than ever a stubborn rebel did his prince; and yet it is nothing but his hand that holds you from falling into the fire every moment. It is to be ascribed to nothing else, that you did not go to hell the last night; that you was suffered to awake again in this world, after you closed your eyes to sleep. And there is no other reason to be given, why you have not dropped into hell since you arose in the morning, but that God's hand has held you up. There is no other reason to be given why you have not gone to hell, since you have sat here in the house of God, provoking his pure eyes by your sinful wicked manner of attending his solemn worship. Yea, there is nothing else that is to be given as a reason why you do not this very moment d

Reply to
Andy

Are you referring to the blue light in the instrument cluster or something else ?? Glenn K

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Thanks for your reply, Glenn. Hard to answer your question............. I've just acquired this vehicle and "haven't seen the light", yet. According to the picture in the Owner's Manual, it is located in the cluster of warning lights below the fuel and temperature gauges. It's the last one in the top row. It should come on when the headlights are switched to high beam.

Andy I.

: > Any thoughts on how to replace the headlight hi-beam warning light on a '97 : > 850? : > Please..... be polite, no bad language.... I've checked my Haynes Manual re : > the dash, and I'm not impressed! : >

: > Andy I. : >

: >

: Are you referring to the blue light in the instrument cluster or : something else ?? : Glenn K : : -- : " Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" : -- Albert Einstein

Reply to
Andy

You have to remove the instrument cluster & replace all the bulbs that are needed once it is out as for the bulb for the high beam indicator there are extra bulbs in the cluster you should just remove a bulb from an space that does not pertain to the market of your car. The other bulbs you will need are (4) Bayonet 5Watt bulbs & either (2) or (4) depending on if there is a trip computer in the car your local dealer should have all the bulbs in stock for purchase. Glenn Klein Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Hi Glenn,

Removing the instrument cluster seems to be a complicated operation, according to the Haynes manual. All that, to replace a light bulb!

Thanks anyway...... Andy I.

Reply to
Andy

Not that bad you need to remove 6 Screws to be able to remove not very hard if you want to do your self let me know & I will explain in further detail how to execute the repair Glenn Klein

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Six screws! Yes please Glenn. Send me the good news about the six screws. Maybe I should incinerate that Haynes manual (or get new trifocals.....).

Andy I.

: On 1/16/2008 6:57 PM, Andy wrote: : > Hi Glenn, : >

: > Removing the instrument cluster seems to be a complicated operation, : > according to the Haynes manual. All that, to replace a light bulb! : >

: > Thanks anyway...... : > Andy I. : >

: >

Reply to
Andy

Open the drivers door on the side of the upper dash pad there is a vent toward the bottom there is a plastic button remove here is 1 screw torx

25 then remove the panel vent on the left side of the steering wheel sitting in the drivers seat screw 2 then remove the screws from the cluster 2 then remove the center panel vents remove screws then very carefully pull & lift the upper dash pad away from the cluster NOTE you are not removing the upper dash pad from the car! raise the upper dash pad up enough to remove the cluster & remove the plugs do not worry about mixing up different sizes once cluster is out on bench you will see all the bulbs not all of the bulbs are used you should swap the high beam bulb with another that is not used as for the rest change all 4 bayonet bulbs & either the one if you just have a clock or the 2 if you have a trip computer hope this does not scare you away Glenn K
Reply to
Glenn Klein