97 S70 engine managment fault light?(UK)

Hi all

My 97 S70 engine management fault light has come up. Whats the best bet on this? Are Volvo dealers the only people that can plug into the system to fix? And how much will they eech from me for this service? Or are the systems available at local garages? As the car runs okay anyway, is it cause for concern?

Chris

Reply to
Chris, Jen and Pip

On the 97 you have to use a scan tool plugged into the OBDII socket under the armrest to retrieve faults. I would have it looked at, as you may be burning more fuel than you should due to the fault, and run the risk of damaging the catalyst.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

Cheers matey

Reply to
CT

The fault system is OBD-II which is standard across all cars from 1996. (Actually it's required only in USA, but Volvos use this standard worldwide.) Anybody with an OBD-II code reader will be able to help you. The problem might be something minor that you will never notice, or it may be something more serious that will cause other damage and/or reduce your mileage.

Reply to
Mike F