'98 C70-Tensioner failed -- what's next?

Just bought this '98 C70 turbo 5speed manual a few months ago. 70K miles. Car died last week -- tensioner failed w/o warning. Mechanic looking at piston/valve damage. Might cost me $4,000. Should I cut my losses and sell? Or, if I keep driving it for another couple years, what major repairs should I be prepared for...? Thank you for your advice. Janis PS - Any good indie mechanic recommendations in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles? Right now the car is at Zen Volvo in Studio City. I hope they are as trustworthy as their name implies.

Reply to
iAmJanis