98 S70 Turn Signal Relay

Hi Everyone;

My turn signals will no longer flash (they come on and stay solid, but no tickie tocky). I assume this is the turn signal relay or is it some other component that does this? Where is the relay in the car? I can hear it in the dash but really wouldn't know where to look for it. I assume I can order one from the local Volvo parts department.

Thanks In Advance; Steve

Reply to
<sh2004

Do both turn signals not flash or just one side if both the flasher relay is built in to the hazard switch G Klein

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Both sides of the turn signals and the emergency flashers do not work. I assume I have to replace the emergency flasher switch. Is this an easy job? Is there any way to repair it rather than buy a new one (87.00 here in Canada)?

Reply to
sh2004

Never had one apart but I do not think there are any serviceable parts inside as for removal remove the radio very gently push the hazard switch out reinstall same way just reverse Glenn K

Reply to
Glenn Klein