'98 V70 Exhaust Noise

I rescently bought a 98 V70 (my first Volvo) and I really enjoy the car. After driving it for awhile I noticed that the exhaust (or engine) noise it just a tad loud. The sound is throaty and resonant so I don't mind it much but it seems to be more noticable to my wife. Is this just characteristic of this car or should I replace the muffler?

Reply to
Bill

It is not typical at all. My 98 V70 is very quiet. I still have the orginal exhaust system after 204K but when I had an exhaust noise last year it turned out to be the flexible coupler between the manifold and the exhaust system - much more expensive than a simple muffler replacement unfortunately.

Any muffler shop will put your car on a hoist and show you where it is leaking.

Reply to
Inno