98 V70 GLT A/C condenser/water pump?

My A/C condenser is shot. Some people have told me that I must also replace the water pump "because that is the next thing that will go." (Actually it seems the window operations are going next, but anyway...) A Volvo dealer service department on the other hand told me there is no need to replace the water pump "because water pumps almost never go on Volvos." Any thoughts on this from people who have had these problems or also from certified Volvo tech people? thanks

Reply to
daffy