98 V70 Tire QUESTION

My 98 V70 came with 195 65 X 15 rubber. I have been offered some 195

55 X 15 snow tires. I guess they are the same width but lower.

Will this be a problem for my car?

Thanks,

Inno D.

Reply to
innodubelaar

I'd say they'll be too low, this will lower the car about 20mm/.8". I find these cars are already lower than is desirable. And your speedo will read another 6% fast.

Reply to
Mike F

The appropriate snow tire would be a 185/65 R15... This will make it a shorter height tire, but not as much... It's the width that should be a bit less then normal for snow tires.

Reply to
Rob Guenther