98 V70 won't start normally - Appears flooded.

My 98 V70 went gradually from starting normally to no starting in one week.

During the last 3 days, it was getting difficult to start, requiring longer cranks, during which, it would appear to start as if it were flooded, but no signs of a rich mixture.

It finally would not start.

Began by checking the high tension wires, and sure enough, the center distributor cap, high tension wire felt odd. Pulled it out of the distributor to find it in crumbs.

Cleaned de cap and the high tension wire terminal, which i reused after cutting the bad section of the wire.

The car was normal after that.

I drove to the auto parts to get a new set of wires.

Reply to
AS