98 Volvo 940 T sounds

Hi,

I have a Volvo 98 940Turbo estate having run 168.000 km and in very good shape except for one problem. There is a 'chup chup chup' sound from somewhere at 8 km/hour in both 4.th and 5th gear. The sounds are strongest when going up-hill and are heard of less with the car loaded.

I've heard exactly the same sounds in another similar car, but no-one has been able to find the reason or remove this problem.

Anyone here who knows better ?

Regards Erik Rytter

Reply to
Volvo

I hope you mean 80Km/h! If you are going 8Km/h in fourth or fifth the answer is a no-brainer: the engine is being "lugged" to use a non-technical term. If it's 80Km/h then I would say there is a fuel supply problem at part throttle. Although, this should show up in any gear not just fourth or fifth.

Jordan 1999 S70 Loaded!

Volvo wrote:

Reply to
Jabber