'99 S80 T6 display

I have a 1999 S80 T6 w 150K miles. Over the past few days part of the LED display started disappearing:

First the F (in degree units) went to a stick (like I), then within a day or so the second digit went on the actual degree measurement so 70 F now looks like 7 I. Now another day or two later the D for "Drive" lost its bottom line. All of these are wihin a short distance of each other - the rest of the display is fine. Another strange thing is that at night when the lights on the dash dim, everything works perfectly!

Any ideas on what this could be? Also, I am not about to mess with removing the dash, etc, so any idea how much something like this might cost at the dealer? Finally, the bulb behind the temperature setting knob went a couple of months ago - should it be any more "labor" to get to that if one already has the thing open to repair the above? (I can definitely live without the knob light.) Thanks.

Reply to
line123