A/C Compressor Seized - '96 850

Fellow listers,

This afternoon, the replacement A/C compressor seized, burning up the belt. As the compressor is on warranty, I'm sure I'll get another one, however, until it arrives, I still have to drive the car.

Do belts exist of proper length that I can apply and bypass the A/C compressor entirely? Or, did all 850s come with A/C? Since I won't need the compressor until about five months from now, why stress the compressor/clutch bearings?

Plus, I need the car, especially this week and I have no time to screw around with a car collecting dust in the shop, until the part arrives.

Any advice?

Reply to
Dan Behr

I don't have a diagram of the pulley layout here just now so I can't say whether missing out the A/C pulley is feasible, but I can tell you that not all 850s came with A/C (e.g. mine, to my relief!) and consequently there are shorter belts for these.

Cheers,

AJ

Reply to
AJ MacLeod