a/c fuse blowing after much troubleshooting

just a shot to see if anyone can suggest anything here...

1986 740 blowing #9 fuse when moving slider to any setting using compressor (a/c, def). blows immediately, no relay action at all.

new compressor, it's not that

removed and refurbished a/c relay, not that

both wires from comp to dryer and from dryer to dash fine and not shorting, not that

there is continuity between the two contacts on the dryer AND there is continuity between the two contacts on the plug that fits onto the dryer. I assume that there should NOT be continuity on this plug, right?

if that is the case, should I replace or eliminate the plug? or since I have no relay click could it be in dash?

any suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance!

cheers

Reply to
MDM