AARGHH!!! 1990 240 DL misses after warm up..help

1990 240DL, 185,000 miles. Replaced all tune up parts including plug wires, back fire valve, fuel filter, and just replaced the air mass meter with two different used ones bought off of the internet. No computer readings. No apparant air leaks. Two mechanics haven't figured it out.

What could cause these symptoms: Car is stalling at idle and initial acceleration. Car runs fine when cold but after it gets hot (about 10 minutes) it stalls at idle and upon acceleration from idle.

Where else should I look? Thanks for any help you can give. Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

Edward Hayes

Check the thermastat in the air cleaner box. Cured same problem on my 84 240.

Reply to
PROCOBOB