ABS light comes ON

Hi guys

If any one out there owns a 940GLE and have had a ABS light coming, please share with me how to handle it. Mine just started coming and I am not quite sure why. I understand replacing the ABS system is costly and I don't have that kind of money. By the way, I read my owners manual and it said that, after ABS light on, one can still drive the car with standard braking system. The question is, for how long can the vehicle drive with standard braking system? and is ABS system repairable? Any idea or suggestion is welcome?

Reply to
sweetscent

Get out your phillips screwdriver again and remove the underdash panel below the steering wheel. The ABS module is all the way to the left. Next to it there is a the surge suppression relay with a red 10A fuse stuck in the top make sure the fuse is good and report back. Or check here:

User

In my earlier message, I forgot to mention that, in addition to ABS light coming and staying ON, my brakes pedal do liftup sometimes when I apply brakes. Is this a sign of a bad brakes or the brakes pulses are being caused by ABS?

Reply to
sweetscent