AC leak :- how to stop this ?

Hello Volvo expert or who ever fixed this problem,

I was told my dealer that my AC is leaking(small) through the evaporator(if I fill, the AC will be there for only 5 to 7 months).

Is there any solution to stop this leak ?

Can I change the evaporator by myself ? Is it hard to do ?

Reply to
Ottawa Vehicles

How about we start by you telling us the year, make and model of the vehicle?

Ottawa Vehicles wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

Sorry that I missed these info.

It's 1998 Volvo S70 - Non-turbo.

Thanks.

Jamie wrote:

Reply to
Ottawa Vehicles

Evaporator is a pain to replace, 8-9 hours and requires special tools. Try a AC Stop Leak product first, you can find the at Ebay. It has worked fine for me for over a year now and before that i needed a refill every 6 months.

Niels

Reply to
bengaard