AD -- FS: 93 940T in USA (Central KY)

My wife has a new vehicle and we would like to sell her '93 Volvo 940.

Basic info is: Located in Central KY, USA

1993 940 turbo ~120,000 miles (Estimate I haven't looked at the odometer in several months) White ext in good condition, Grey interior leather in OK to good cond. The driver's seat shows wear but no rips / tears etc. 4 CYL Turbo (very quick to drive) It's been a great car but the transmission is starting to fail. (Slipping in reverse) Local transmission shop to rebuild was ridicules prices but I've priced used transmissions about $350-375 plus freight from several Volvo parting yards (Atlanta). I'm sure there are many other yards scattered across the US just not a lot in Kentucky! Instead of fixing and driving my wife wanted a new car so that's what she got. (and I got the car payment)

I've had the following work done on it recently New front brakes / rotors about 4K miles ago. Tune-up 2 months ago New Timing belt and fresh head gasket / valve job and adjustment 6 months ago. All new belts and gaskets when I had the valve job done. I did the valve job (and head milled) because the original plastic radiator neck broke and engine overheated. Car ran fine but started to have a slight leak around the head so preventive measures were taken. New OEM radiator about 1 year ago. Replaced an AC hose thanks to the repair shop not tightening the alternator bolt and recharged the AC. And lastly a used rim because my wife has a tendency to hit curbs. (What can I say)

This is a solid good used Volvo and would be a good dependable car once the transmission is changed. We're the second owner and have had it 11 years. This would make someone a great car especially a teen. I don't have the extra time to swap out the transmission and would rather see this car go to a Volvo enthusiast who will continue using the vehicle. I'll try and snap some photos to post over the next few days at the website IDed for the email address below but for now if you are interested please email me at:

ebaysales AT electricsmart DOT com Obviously fix the email address to send me a message!

Thanks Pedroman

Reply to
Pedroman