Adding an HHO generator to save gas?

Its tempting to build one of these systems and tinker with it on my

1992 Volvo 740...its paid off so I can do what I like with it, and not worth much, so not a big loss if I do something that screws it up. Opinion? I have heard that these HHO ("Browning gas") generators, since their combustion by-product is H2O, can ruin the entire exhaust system through corrosion in a short time. ALso, the writer mentions that the cooling of the engine from the H2O is good. But of course the engine is designed to run around 195 deg, and if forced to run much cooler the whole control system is going to be screwed up, resulting in lower gas mileage and higher emission, as well as sludge build-up. I am hearing a lot of reports of these HHO generators boosting gas mileage...but maybe all the reports are from people who are selling kits or info? And where is the real cost savings if the exhaust system is ruined in a couple of years, maybe the whole engine?
Reply to
geronimo

I made my own water injecting system many years ago on a big six motor well then it was a big six .It worked well once I sorted out a few bugs and made a difference in fuel economy as well.I had a micro switch with a hacksaw blade attached as a spring lever under the accelerator so when I floored it the water sprayed in a fine jet. Another idea was a switch to cut out the air con when the throttle was floored giving better power and still cool residual air flow once the accelerator was back to normal the air continued to flow and cool.Maybe a good idea with racecars in 40 degree heat eh?

Reply to
John Robertson