Adding an oil pressure and oil temp gauge to my 240

Hi there !!, While visiting my local scrap yard, I picked up a 3 bar oil pressure gauge complete with the sender and the 45 degree elbow adapter, so it clears the alternator. This sender has provisions for the low oil warning light. I want to add an oil temperature gauge, I understand that the sender would be located in the oil drain plug, I have looked for a sender with the 3/4" X16 thread as the oil drain plug, but can not find one. I have 3 options now:

1-Find a smaller (VDO compatible) sender and thread it into the oil drain plug. 2-Find an original oil temp sender (Volvo only item) 1307535-3 ? 3-Make like an oil distribution block and connect all the sensors on the same spot.

Which way should I go ?

Thanks

arnold_perez13 at verizon dot net

please forgive the anti-spam, real address above.

Reply to
Arnold Perez

Get the Volvo original. It was only AU$80 (US$60) from memory. _________________ Will '90 Volvo 744 GLT B230F converted to B230FB (531 Head & VX3 Cam)

Reply to
William Liao

You won't get a proper temperature reading at the pressure connection. The temperature sender needs to be in the oil pan.

Reply to
Mike F

Eexcellent!! I was able to get a quote on the 1307535 of $34.63 and will order it and install it in the oil pan. Thanks for your help.

Arnold

Reply to
arnold