after-market air flow meters for '91 Volvo 240 ?

I have a 1991 Volvo 240 with an original Bosch 0280217001 air mass meter (LH 3.1) that needs to be replaced. OEM Bosch parts run $450 and up, but after-market replacements can be had for only $100 or so (e.g., ). Does anyone have any experience with the non-Bosch AMM? TIA...

/steve

Reply to
BakersT

When the AMM in my '90 went out, after hours of diagnoses, I went to the local independent pick 'n pull style yard and found an original Bosch. It has been in my car ever since. I think it was $25 at the time. I even bought a spare.

Bosch rebuilt:

$250 with lifetime warranty (check details on that before purchase).

Reply to
frcn